Peanut Butter Fudge CakeFrom cheric 8 years ago
- 1 stick (4 ounces) plus 3 T butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsps vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsps baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup) shopping list
- 6 ounces peanut butter-flavored chips (1 cup) shopping list
- chocolate peanut butter glaze (recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until ilght and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture alternately with 2 cups warm water, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Turn batter into a well-greased 12-cup bundt pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes, then unmold onto a plate and let cool completely. Spoon Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze over cake. Refrigerate until glaze is firm.
- For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze, you will need:
- 2 T butter, cut up
- 2 T creamy peanut butter
- 3 T light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- In a 1-quart glass bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, corn syrup, vanilla, and 2 T water. Heat in a microwave oven on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted and smooth. Stir in powdered sugar until blended. Refrigerate 10 minutes, or until glaze is of spreading consistency.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- jennmomof3 Nowhere, Us
- screaminmimi Nowhere, Us
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- lpeebs300 Prince Frederick, MD
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- judya1026 Cleveland, OH
- taylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating6 people
2 of my favorites! Got my 5!! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
this is a great post, thanks!magali777 in Mexico loved it
knocks me out! thanks for sharing!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!