Mojito JellyFrom dreamweaver 7 years ago
- 1 cup fresh mint (1 cup packed and bruised) shopping list
- 3 quarts water shopping list
- 5 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated shopping list
- 2 cups lime juice shopping list
- 6 ounces liquid pectin (1 pouch Ball fruit Jell) shopping list
- green food coloring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat 5(8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Combine mint and water in a large pot. Simmer covered, about 20 minutes. Strain.
- Return mint infused water to a large pot; boil until reduced to 3 cups. Add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Stir in lemon zest and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in liquid pectin. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Stir in a few drops of food coloring, if desired.