Frangipane Style Plum TartFrom inmaculada 9 years ago
- 1 uncooked pie pastry shell shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups ground toasted almond shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fructose (my option) OR honey OR agave syrup shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 6 tablespoons whole yogurt shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla OR almond extract (optional) shopping list
- 7 ripe red plums (or the kind you like best) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar (for sprinkling on plums) shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Combine ground almonds, sugar, egg, yogurt and flavoring if using, and mix.
- Rinse and dry the plums and cut them in halves, discarding the stones.
- Spread almond cream evenly over the partially baked tart shell, and arrange the plums on top in a circular pattern starting from the outside.
- Spread brown sugar on top of the plums and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the plums are caramelized and bubbly and the walnut cream is set. If the side of the tart gets too brown, cover with foil.
- Cool on a wire rack. If it is not eaten the same day of baking, cover with plastic or aluminum foil and keep refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating3 people
Amazingly simple! I really like that it uses yogurt instead of cream too. The first plums of the season are going into this. I can't wait!legoflamb in New York loved it
This looks really beautiful! I will have to try it. I made your rustic apple tart for a girls breakfast get together and it really got the raves! Thanks for all your healthy and delicious recipes Inmaculada. Marciamao65 in Griffith loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Anything Goes289 members
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Healthy Baking123 members
Very Low Sugar Or Stevia Recipes31 members