Old Time Banana PuddingFrom omrebel 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat milk.
- Beat egg yolks then add 1 ½ cups sugar and flour.
- Add to heated milk and cook until thick.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over bananas and vanilla wafers.
- Beat egg whites until stiff with 3 T sugar.
- Put on top of pudding and broil until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate the leftovers (if there are any)
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookomrebel Memphis, TN
The Rating6 people
You can not beat this recipe. My grandmother passed it down to me, also.But you have to be very careful not to boil on high heat for it will burn easily. I love it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Leftovers? puh-lease!! Not here
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
dosnt sound like there would be any left overs but for my next pot luck when the snow birds return will be serving this one. with copy of the recipe ready to give out. they dont make it like this. thanks.maywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!