Tomato Blue Cheese SoupFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic fine chopped shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 oz. shopping list
- 1 can tomato puree, 28 oz shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 lb blue cheese crumbled shopping list
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh basil as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onion until softened and translucent.
- Add and cook garlic a minute or two.
- Add all the tomato products and chicken broth and basil.
- Heat and add the crumbled blue cheese over medium heat stirring until cheese is melted.
- Season to taste and simmer low about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil.
- The soup reheats well and may be prepared ahead of time.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Family Favorites141 members
Soup Is Good Food61 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
I Love SOUP98 members
Delicious Foods39 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Soups And Stews107 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members