Peanut Sesame CandyFrom annieamie 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in vinegar and water and boil until quite thick. (The thicker the sugar solution, the more brittle the candy.)
- Pour peanuts into saucepan and mix well.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a pan or a smooth, clean cutting board with three-quarters of the toasted sesame seeds. (I use a large baking pan covered in "Release Aluminum foil or a silicone mat.)
- Pour the peanut mixture into the pan or on a board, flattening it out by rolling over it a bottleor jar smeared with enough peanut oil to keep the candy from sticking to the bottle.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining sesame seeds.
- Allow to cool; cut into squares or diamonds.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating2 people
Yummy. I have had this at a great chinese food restaurant here in town and it is awesome. Never could find the recipe Glad to have it. Thanks for a great post. You've got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Sweet Suite159 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Christmas Candy166 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Halloween Treats36 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Sweet Treats15 members