Easy Taco SoupFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 2 pounds of hamburger (or ground turkey), cooked, drained (I use 4% fat beef) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 package taco seasoning shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 6 green scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1 16-ounce can corn, drained shopping list
- 1 16-ounce can of diced tomatoes (or use rotel with chiles!) shopping list
- 2, 8-ounce can tomato sauce or tomato soup shopping list
- 1 Tb cumin shopping list
- 1 bag or tortilla chips shopping list
- Optional: sour cream, fresh cilantro, chopped cabbage, sliced radishes, chopped scallions AND a handful of monterey jack cheese for each bowl to top soup shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heated cooking pot, add the beef, scallions and chopped onions and cook for five minutes over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add taco mix, water and tomatoes.
- Add tomato sauce and the rest of the canned ingredients.
- Add the cumin.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips in individual serving bowls and pour soup over chips.
- Top with your favorite toppings!