Potato- Zucchini Soup With Crispy Chick PeasFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- 2 cups sliced leeks (Light green & white parts only.) Washed well and drained. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups peeled & diced yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbls olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth or water shopping list
- 2 cups diced zucchini shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked or canned Chick peas drained & divided in half shopping list
- 1 Tbls lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbls chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1 Tsp hot sauce (or to taste) shopping list
- Garnish: 1/2 cup yoghurt, Crispy Chick peas, mint sprigs. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat 1Tbls Oil over medium heat. Saute' Leeks until soft (5 minutes). Stir in Broth, Potatoes, Zucchini, and 3/4 cup Chick Peas. Bring to a simmer and cook until veggies are tender. (about 20 mins)
- IF SERVING SOUP HOT:
- While soup is simmering heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet over medium. Add remaining Chick Peas and Saute' until crisp. (About 5 mins) Season with Salt and Pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When Potatoes are tender, stir in Lemon Juice, Mint, Hot Sauce, salt and pepper. Puree' in small batches in a blender until smooth.
- Laddle into bowls. Top each bowl with a dollup of Yoghurt, Mint Sprig and some Crispy Chick Peas.
- IF SERVING CHILLED:
- Cool soup quickly in an ice bath, then chill 1 hr and up to overnight in the refrigerator. Make Crispy Chick peas up to 1 hr before serving.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating3 people
Very innovative and will be delicious I know. Thank you for post. Joymarie ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Very interesting and delicious-sounding, Jim. I can't wait to taste it. I like the idea of serving it chilled with the garnish of yoghurt and mint. Lovely and pretty presentation. I love chick peas crisped up that way. I have made them as snacks...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!