Cant Believe A Crockpot CheesecakeFrom midgelet 9 years ago
- crust: shopping list
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs melted butter shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2, 8 oz Pkg cream cheese room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 Tbs flour shopping list
How to make it
- Combine crust ingredients and press into a 7 inch springform pan.
- Beat cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add cream, vanilla and flour with eggs and beat medium speed 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan. Place trivet in the bottom of a 5 to 6 quart crock-pot or one large enough to hold trivet.
- Place springform pan on trivet.
- Cover crock-pot and cook high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours..
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in crock-pot for another hour or until cool enough to remove.
- Transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Cover and chill very well.
- Garnish as desired with pecans or a fruit topping of choice.
- Yield: one small elegant cheesecake
- Note: I was very surprised how wonderful the cheesecake came out !
- My crock-pot is a Rival stone wear with glass cover.
- It took about 2 1/4 hours until the cheese cake seemed firm without a wet spot in the center and it jiggled like a fully baked cheese cake should.
- I would suggest to check your cheese cake after 2 hours.
- Also I found condensation on my crock-pot glass cover and while cooling did have to quickly wipe it off so no water dripped onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Then I quickly replaced the cover on the crock-pot again.
- Note: 2 The function of the trivet is to make sure the heat circulates
- properly in the crock-pot while the cheesecake baking
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!