Hearty Brown Rice And Bean PilafFrom michellem 6 years ago
- 4 tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices shopping list
- 3 green onions, cut into 1- inch pieces shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1 can (15 to 19 oz) beans: kidney or pinto shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, optional shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Cook potato slices, green onions, and carrots, stirring frequently until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, salt, pepper, and bouillon. Heat to boiling.
- Add rice, heat to boiling
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Stir once, midway through cooking.
- Into skillet mixture, stir beans, peas and cheeses and almonds.
- Cook, stirring gently, until beans and peas are heated through and cheese melts.
- Per serving:
- 348 calories
- 12 g protein
- 51 carbs
- 7 g fiber
- 11 total fat(5 g sat, 4 g mono, 1 g poly)
- 498 mg sodium
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!