Belt Bustin BurritosFrom laurakaay 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 jalepeno minced shopping list
- 1 jalepeno loosely chopped shopping list
- 2 packettes favorite mexican taco seasoning shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 small can of fat free refried beans shopping list
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 oz shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 tomato chopped shopping list
- 1 jar of salsa verde (you choose the stregth, we use medium) shopping list
- 8 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 8 large oven proof plates shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet on the stove top, brown ground beef, onion and jalepeno. Drain and follow directions on taco seasoning packette.
- When beef is done seasoning combine with can of refried beans. Mix thouroughly.
- Prepare an assembly line of ingredients.
- Place a tortilla on a plate, place beef and bean mixture in a long line down the center of the tortilla, north to south. (seems easy enough, but I swear those taco bell employees don't know how to do this! lol)
- Next follow the line of beef with a line of salsa verde, then some shredded lettuce, tomato, jalepeno and cheese to taste. Wrap and close burrito I start at left and wrap to right and place it seam side down on the plate. Cover with more salsa verde and cheese.
- Continue for each burrito, bake in a 350 F oven until cheese has melted and is bubbly. We have sour cream, ranch dressing, salsa verde, tomato and the remaining shredded lettuce for condiments.