Brown Derby Dreamy Coconut CakeFrom scearley 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 c sifted cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- 1/4 c oil shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 3 Tbsp grapefruit juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- frosting.html">White Mountain frosting">White Mountain frosting White Mountain Frosting">shopping list
- shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into bowl. Make a well in the center and add water, oil, egg yolks, grapefruit juice, and lemon zest.
- Beat until very smooth.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tarar until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually agg egg whites to batter and fold in gently until just blended. Do not stir.
- Turn batter into an ungreased 9" springform pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Remove from pan, and with a serrated knife cut cake across to make 2 layers.
- Fill with White Mountain Frosting">frosting; frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle generously with coconut.