Chocolate and Raspberry CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 6 Tbs, white vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla shopping list
- 6 oz milk shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or fresh frozen raspberries shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- Raspberry syrup shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- chocolate shavings shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl sift in all the dry ingredients.
- Beat in shortening with an electric mixer.
- Then add remaining ingredients ( except berries ) and beat all well.
- Fold in berries.
- Batter will be thick.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch square pan ( or 2 cake layer pans ) and bake in a preheated 325F oven until cake springs back in the center and test done in center, about 35 to 45 minutes ..
- Do not overbake.
- Cool cake completely.
- For a layer cake, spread layers with raspberry preserves and frost as desired .
- For cut from the pan pieces: drizzle with raspberry syrup and add whipped cream.
- Garnish if desired with fresh berries and chocolate shavings.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
yummy yum yumpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Chocolate Dreams353 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Choco Lovers137 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Cakes Of Any Type141 members
Cake OLicious60 members