Wild Mushroom Soup PureeFrom softgrey 5 years ago
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil (NOT extra virgin) shopping list
- 2 small onions, roughly chopped shopping list
- 24 ounces baby bella mushrooms (can use button) shopping list
- 2 cans chicken stock or broth shopping list
- about 5-6 dried wild mushrooms-soaked in 1 cup of warm water (reserve soaking liquid)**not too many , they can be overpowering! shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion.
- Cook until the onion is soft and translucent then add the mushrooms.
- Let the mixture sweat for about 8 minutes, taking care that the onion doesn't take on any brown color.
- Add the dried mushrooms that have been drained and squeezed, stir in the chicken stock and soaking liquid and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce the heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for a few minutes, then transfer to the blender and carefully blend at high speed until smooth. *I use a spotted spoon to remove all solids, this way I can puree it all in one batch-slowly adding liquid to thin as needed.
- When blended, return the mix to the pot and bring up to a simmer again.
- *Add additional broth or water to thin as necessary.
- **serving option**drizzle a few tiny drops of truffle oil over the surface just before serving.
The Cooksoftgrey New York
The Rating4 people
This sounds wonderful! I love mushrooms.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
yum.. love mushrooms and this soup sounds great... and easy.. thank you. it's a 5 in my bookpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love mushrooms and this sounds perfect. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it