Chocolate RadsFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1 pound high quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs, large shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon espresso coffee, powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 pound chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in large bowl until pale yellow and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate, melted butter, vanilla and espresso powder.
- Sift flower, baking powder and salt into small bowl. Stir dry ingredients into chocolate mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts. Refrigerate mixture until firm, about 30 minues
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing evenly. Prss with moist fingertips to form 3 1/2-4 inch rounds. Bake cookies until tops become dry and crack, about 16 minutes. Cool cookies on parchment. Remove from parchment. Cover and store in airtight container at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
THANK YOU SOUNDS GREATminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These sound fantastic! Thanks........juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Sounds fantastic! I like anything with espresso coffee and chocolate.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it