Easy Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse CakeFrom kidaria 8 years ago
How to make it
- Beat heavy cream with the chocolate sauce at medium speed until firm peaks form.
- Put some saran wrap in a loaf pan with edges hanging out.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the whipped chocolate cream on a long rectangular platter, to form a rectangle.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread 1 tablespoon of the remaining chocolate cream on 35 chocolate wafers and arrange them in 5 stacks.
- Top each stack with a chocolate wafer (you will have 6 or 7 wafers left over).
- Arrange the wafer stacks on their sides as close together as possible on the chocolate cream on the platter.
- Spread all but about 1/2 cup of the remaining chocolate cream all over the cake, fixing any wafers that tilt or slide.
- Press a long sheet of plastic wrap over the cake, flattening the top and sides gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or for up to 2 days.
- Refrigerate the remaining chocolate cream.
- Remove the saran wrap and frost the cake with the remaining chocolate cream.
- Garnish with the chocolate shavings.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- szahorsky Nowhere, Us
- flo1 Old Bridge, NJ
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- cholena Food World, Sin
- earthlover4567 Washingtonville, NY
- foodmania California, CA
- danadooley Singapore, SG
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- charrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- fallandcrash West Columbia, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating7 people
Sounds heavenly!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh my word! That is so pretty and the recipe sounds tooooo easy lol Definitely a 5!danadooley in Singapore loved it
yumm i have been looking for chocolate mousse recipefoodmania in california loved it