Cupcakes Three Ways Vanilla Cupcakes With Chocolate Buttercream And Rasberry FrostingsFrom caramia 8 years ago
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- vanilla, raspberry, or chocolate buttercream shopping list
How to make it
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Reduce Flour to 1 1/4 cups, and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Makes 12.
- Black-and-White Cupcakes
- Prepare both vanilla and chocolate batters; fill muffin cups with 3 tablespoons of each, side by side. Makes 24.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a standard 12-cup muffin pan, or use paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla, and mix until combined. On low speed, beat in half the flour mixture, followed by milk; end with remaining flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan, 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with your choice of buttercream.
- Buttercream Three Ways
- Vanilla Buttercream
- With an electric mixer, beat 8 tablespoons (1 stick) room-temperature unsalted butter until light and fluffy. On medium speed, beat in 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down bowl as necessary. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. Increase speed to high, and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Rasberry Buttercream
- Make Vanilla Buttercream, then beat in 3 to 4 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam.
- Chocolate Buttercream
- Place 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature. Make Vanilla Buttercream, then beat in melted chocolate.
The Cookcaramia US.
The Rating10 people
That's proffesional work...Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Lovely recipe. You've got my 5 all the way! Thank you for this great recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
awesome! can't wait to try it ^_^angelabangela in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!