Chocolate Chip PieFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- Pie: shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
- Whipped Cream: shopping list
- 2 pints (4 cups) heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch pie plates; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking
- powder. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, and mix until fully combined. Fold in the 3 cups chocolate chips and, if desired, the walnuts. Divide the dough between the prepared pie plates and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until pies are golden and slightly firm to the touch but still soft. If the pies begin to darken too much before they are baked through, cover with foil and continue baking. Let pies cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the pies cool, whip the cream until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Add the confectioners' sugar and whip until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate whipped cream until ready to use. Spread the whipped cream over the pies and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating4 people
Yummers, Paula sure knows how to tempt our tasetbuds. Great post. Got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I LOVE PAULA DEENS RECIPES YOU CANT GO WRONG THERE A 5 FROM ME ON ALL OF THEMminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love, love, love Paula Deen! So this has to be like a little slice of heaven, got my 5!laurakaay in Oroville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!