Cumin Coriander ChickenFrom stefanie 8 years ago
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 an onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1 tsp red chili powder (or more if you like it pungent) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- a little bit of hot water (I usually boil some before cooking and add as needed from the kettle) shopping list
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed shopping list
- 3 heaped tbs fat-free sour cream shopping list
- 2 tbs evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan. Gently fry the onion until brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and mix. Next add the cumin, coriander, chili, salt and a little water. Cook for about a minute.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken. Brown for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the sour cream and evaporated milk one tablespoon at a time. Incorporate the cream and milk well into the chicken, tossing to coat. Add hot water if necessary. Simmer until the chicken is tender, about 4 minutes. Add the paprika and mix well. The gravy should be reduced by now.
- Plate and sprinkle with fresh coriander. Serve with roti, naan or any other Indian flatbread, and lemon.
The Cookstefanie Vancouver, CA
The Rating14 people
This looks fabulous, can't wait to try this Stefanie.sunny in Portland loved it
This sounds wonderful and it is on my menu this week to makepsy333che in Long Branch loved it
Stefanie !! two of my favorite spice, cumin and coriander hee-yahh !! hmm..give me some idlis or dosa with that, I'm happy :)))meltingwok in Covina loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!