Bacon Lettuce Tomato QuesadillasFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 5 strips bacon shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 flour tortillas shopping list
- 4 ounces goat cheese shopping list
- 1 small bunch watercress steamed cleaned and dried shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon in medium heavy skillet until crisp then drain and crumble.
- Pour off and discard all but 2 teaspoons bacon drippings then place pan over medium heat.
- Add onions then sauté stirring, until softened about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar and red pepper flakes then cook and stir 30 seconds more.
- Remove from heat then season with salt.
- Place tortillas on work surface then spread each with 2 tablespoons goat cheese.
- Divide crumbled bacon and sprinkle over half of each tortilla.
- Divide and spread tomato mixture over bacon.
- Place 4 watercress sprigs over tomatoes on each tortilla then fold tortillas in half.
- Keep loosely covered with plastic wrap.
- When ready to cook quesadillas heat grill pan over medium high heat brushed lightly with oil.
- When oil is hot add enough quesadillas to fit comfortably in single layer.
- Grill or sauté until lightly browned about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove and continue adding more oil if needed until all quesadillas are cooked.
- To serve slice quesadillas in half and mound in napkin lined shallow basket then serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!