Macaroni and Cheese from ScratchFrom poohbearlovesheavymetal 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 tbls. granulated onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard or French's shopping list
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, boiled and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook flour and butter mixture until it starts to brown.
- Slowly and stirring all the time add in milk about 1/4 a cup at a time. When you first start adding the milk the sauce will look more like mashed potatoes. Keep adding milk and stirring until sauce is thick and creamy.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Add about 2/3 of the cheese to the sauce and stir until melted.
- Mix sauce into hot noodles.
- Pour sauce and noodles into 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
The Cookpoohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!