Macaroni And Cheese With Four CheesesFrom jackis 7 years ago
- 1 TBSP olive oil shopping list
- 16 oz elbow macaroni shopping list
- 4 TBSP butter shopping list
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Mild or medium cheddar shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack shopping list
- 2 cups Half and Half shopping list
- 4 ounces cubed Velveeta (or similar substitute) shopping list
- black pepper to taste (optional) shopping list
- NOTE: 1/2 pound cheese = 2 cups shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Put oil in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente (approximately 6 or 7 minutes). Do NOT overcook--it'll get mushy during baking process. Drain well (I also rinse it with hot water) and return to pot.
- Melt butter and stir it into pasta.
- Combine cheeses except the Velveeta (I do this while pasta is cooking) and mix well.
- Add half and half, 3-1/4 cups of cheese mixture and Velveeta to the cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a lightly greased/oiled 2-1/2 quart casserole dish. Season with pepper. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly around edges.