Pandan Chiffon CakeFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- 150 grams cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 egg yolks shopping list
- 300 ml coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbsn pandan juice shopping list
- 160 grams castor sugar shopping list
- 12 tsp pandan essence shopping list
- 9 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tbsn castor sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- * Preparation Batter *
- Pre heat the oven to 160c/350 f(convection).
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and add the castor sugar (160 g). Bring to a boil, stirring slowly to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Sieve the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, coconut mixture, pandan juice and pandan essence.
- Whisk lightly, then add the flour to the egg yolk mixture. Mix until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites lightly and add in the cream of tartar and castor sugar (1 tbsp). Continue to whisk until the mixture is stiff. Do not overheat or allow the mixture to become dry. Set aside.
- * Baking the cake *
- Gently fold half the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and blend well.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites and work very lightly with a spatula. Make sure the mixture is well mixed.
- Place the finished mixture in an ungreased chiffon cake mould. Level and bake in the oven until golden brown (about 45 minutes).
- Remove the cake from the oven and invert the mould. Allow it to cool.
- Do not remove the mould while the cake is still hot.
- When it has cooled, use a long, fine palatte knife to loosen the sides of the cake to remove it from the tin.