Alpha And Omega Pasta SauceFrom eclaires 7 years ago
- 6-7 cloves garlic shopping list
- Meat- .5-.6 lb ground beef, or 1 pkg of hot italian sausage shopping list
- 28 oz all purpose tomato sauce - I use Dei Fratelli shopping list
- 1 cup red table wine- Carlo Rossi for me shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 white onion shopping list
- basil shopping list
- rosemary shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mince garlic and chop onion
- Crumble and start to brown meat over medium heat
- In a large pot over medium heat, drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil, then add garlic and onion.
- Wait until garlic is brown and onions are sweet.
- When meat is finished, drain on an old newspaper or paper towel.
- Add tomato sauce,meat, wine, and spices to taste (I do 1.5-2 tbsp each) to pot with garlic and onions.
- Stir until it looks uniform.
- Simmer UNCOVERED for at least an hour, preferably 2 or more, stirring occasionally.
- And of course, make some pasta once you cannot wait any longer. I do either a penne or linguine, depending on the meat, mood, and moon phase.