Creamy Potato-cheese SoupFrom luvshk 9 years ago
- 2 cups instant mashed potato flakes shopping list
- 1 package (about 1 1/4 oz) dried cheddar cheese sauce mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried chives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt shopping list
- hot pepper sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups hearbed croutons (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, except croutons.
- Bring water and milk to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
- Gradully whisk in combined dry ingredients.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Add additional water or milk, 1/2 cup at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Season with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Serve with croutons.
- Variations: Stir in 2 cups cooked broccoli forets or 2 cups cubed cooked ham. Heat through.