Lacy Omlet Cakes With Parsley Scallion And MintFrom jimrug1 6 years ago
- 3 -4 Tbls olive oil or clarified butter shopping list
- 4 Large eggs shopping list
- 1 Tbls flour shopping list
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley plus extra for garnish shopping list
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallion plus extra for garnish shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped mint leaves (or ¼ cup crushed dried mint) plus extra for garnish shopping list
- ½ Tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbls water shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste. shopping list
- 1 Tbls Za'tar shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy skillet, heat Olive Oil slowly over low heat, until a drop of water will sizzle. Beat together eggs, with remainder of ingredients for 30 sec.
- Drop by large Tablespoons into Oil, keeping them well separated. Fry slowly on one side until golden and flip to brown the other. Keep finished cakes warm in oven until all are done.
- Mix together the extra Scallions, Mint and Parsley.
- To Serve: Place cakes on a platter or individual plates with a spoon of Yoghurt Cheese or Yoghurt on top, a sprinkle of Pepper and garnish with mixed herbs.
- Serve with: Koosa or Zucchini strips, Cucumber strips and plain Arabic bread or bread spread with Za'atar mixed with enouh oil to make a thin paste.
- Note. Za'atar is an herb mixture of Sumac, Thyme and Sesame Seed available at most Middle Eastern Shops...
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating4 people
Wow - how delightful! I am so hungry this morning and I actually have all the goodies on hand to make and serve this. Want to drop by about 8:30-ish and help me eat it? Thanks, Jim sweetie...I love your style. ;-)~~
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Jim .. Ifeel that you were some how living with my father its his favorite dish in the whole(hole)(haha) he even order it in his travels exept one thing he add some chopped tomatoes to itmrsneman in Damascuc loved it
That's great Jim ...
This omlet is my dad's favorite he make it every friday (as you know Friaday is the weekend in Syria)mrsneman in Damascuc loved it