Seeded Pork RoastFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 1 2-1/2- to 3-pound boneless pork shoulder roast shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds, crushed shopping list
- 2/3 cup apple juice or apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Brush soy sauce over meat. On a large piece of foil combine anise seeds, fennel seeds, caraway seeds, dill seeds, and celery seeds. Roll roast in seeds to coat evenly.
- Place meat in slow cooker. Pour 1/3 cup of the apple juice and the broth around meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, reserving cooking liquid. Slice meat and transfer to a serving platter. Cover meat to keep warm.
- For gravy, strain cooking liquid and skim off fat. Transfer cooking liquid to a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/3 cup apple juice and the cornstarch; stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve gravy over meat and top with a sliced of apple
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!