Cucumber SandwichesFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, quartered and seeded, if desired shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, quartered shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 4 1-ounce slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, thinly sliced (1 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor combine cilantro, mint, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- If desired, remove crusts from bread. Spread one side of each bread slice with softened butter.
- Top 2 of the bread slices with half of the cheese. Top with all of the cucumber slices. Carefully top with all of the cilantro mixture, remaining cheese slices, and remaining bread slices, buttered side down.
- Cut sandwiches in half. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and pack with an ice pack or chill up to 4 hours before serving.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!