Crispy Taco TurnoversFrom cookiewoman 6 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 C. Chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic - Minced or Pressed, Optional shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 C. Shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 C. Diced tomato shopping list
- 4 Lrg. Wheat flour tortillas shopping list
- (any other favorite taco toppings) shopping list
- oil For Frying tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Brown together ground beef, onion and garlic in a heavy frying pan over medium heat, stirring until meat loses it pinkness.
- Add salt and chili powder, blending well
- Place 1/2 C. of the ground beef filling, 1/2 C. MJ cheese and 1/4 C. tomatoes onto one-half of each tortilla. Fold other half over filling, pressing it down to remove any air pockets.
- Pour oil into large skillet to 1/4 inch depth.
- When oil is hot, place filled tortillas into pan. Saute over medium to high heat until golden on each side, about 45 seconds per side.
- Remove from pan onto paper towelling. Cut into wedges, top as desired and serve