A Twist On The Veggie TrayFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 recipe dill Dip (or your favorite raw vegetable dip) shopping list
- broccoli floweretes shopping list
- cauliflower floweretes shopping list
- whole small white mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed shopping list
- green onions shopping list
- whole radishes shopping list
- whole grape tomatoes shopping list
- zucchini, peeled, de-seeded, and cut into strips shopping list
- cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, and cut into strips shopping list
- jicama, peeled and cut into strips shopping list
- baby carrots shopping list
- celery, peeled (yes, try using a potato peeler to peel the outside of the celery stalk - a trick my chef sister taught me...II think you'll like the results!) shopping list
- any color sweet peppers, but into strips (some hot peppers, too, if desired - just warn your guests if they aren't familiar with them!) shopping list
- any other veggies of your choice shopping list
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing shopping list
- dill DIP recipe: shopping list
- 8 ounces sour cream shopping list
- 8 ounces real mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon beau monde seasoning (if you can’t find Beau Monde, use 1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, celery salt and onion salt) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried onion shopping list
- Mix all ingredients together well, cover and chill several hours before serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and prepare vegetables, and place into a large flat pan (such as a glass 9x13 cake pan). Do not use an aluminum pan to marinate.
- Pour dressing over prepared vegetables and stir to coat well.
- Cover pan and allow veggies to marinate an hour or so, stirring occassionally so all veggies keep getting in the marinade that drips to the bottom of the pan (not too long or they may become a bit limp)
- Drain the veggies in a large colander, and gently pat with a paper towel to prevent dressing from dripping off veggies onto guests clothing.
- Place veggies around the dip on a large platter and dig in...
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
Fantastic!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
My kind of food!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Hey Krum, I have missed you so very much. All those pleasant walks down memory lane and recipe swapping. Is every thing OK?. Please let me know. I know Ike reared it's ugly head up that way. I hope nothing bad happened. Lots of hugs...Cheryl
PS:...morecherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!