Garlic N Lime Roasted Red PeppersFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- ***olive oil appears twice in the recipe–once for greasing the pan, and a second time in the marinade. You can use any grade of olive oil for the pan, but be sure to use extra-virgin olive oil for the marinade. shopping list
- A little olive oil for the pan shopping list
- 5 large red bell peppers shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/ 4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with olive oil, arrange the peppers on the oil lying on their sides, and bake peppers in the center of the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning them every 5 to 8 minutes so they will roast - and blister - fairly evenly.
- When the peppers are quite soft and the skins have darkened and pulled away from the flesh, remove the tray from the oven.
- Use tongs to remove the peppers from the tray, transferring them to a bowl, then cover the bowl with a plate.
- Let the peppers cool until comfortable to handle.
- Peel each pepper, using your hands and/or a paring knife. Also remove and discard the stems and seeds.
- Cut the peppers into small cubes or strips, and transfer them to a second medium-sized bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. (Longer is fine.)
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- ***Keep for 1 week in airtight container, in fridge
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
i love this thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it