Bbq Shrimp Blt SandwichFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1) Preheat the barbecue grill shopping list
- 2) Make the Sauce: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 oz (about 5 large) shallots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- salt shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Sweat the shallots for about 2 minutes. Do not brown. Deglaze the pan with the wine and vinegar and reduce slightly. Pour in the cream and reduce the sauce by half. Whisk in the butter and strain into a clean pan. Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- 3) Cook the Shrimp:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound (about 20 medium) peeled shrimp
- Sprinkle the vegetable oil over the shrimp. Grill the shrimp, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Drain and cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- 4) Make the sandwich:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 12 thin slices sourdough bread
- 2 cups baby lettuce or 8 nice pieces romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 pound tomato, cut into 12 thin slices
- 6 ounces (12 thick slices) bacon, cooked and drained
- salt pepper.
- For each sandwich, spread a little mayonnaise on one slice of bread and arrange a little lettuce on the bread. Top with 3 slices of tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and arrange the bacon on the tomatoes. Top with the second slice of bread, a thin layer of mayonnaise and a little lettuce. Heat the shrimp in the lemon butter and arrange on the lettuce. Top with the third slice of bread and cut in half. Serve immediately.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
Oh yeah baba!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
FABulous! Thanks bunches, Grizzlybear.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Man oh man, this IS a sandwich! Excellent.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!