Soup so good your kids dont know its split peaFrom charlarah 8 years ago
- split peas - 1/2 lb. soaked and drained shopping list
- Andouille or smoked sausage - 1 lb chopped shopping list
- leek or onion - chopped shopping list
- bell pepper - chopped shopping list
- garlic - 3 cloves chopped shopping list
- chicken stock - 2 qts. shopping list
- shrimp - 1 lb. medium sized shopping list
- salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste. shopping list
- bay leaves - 2 shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot, render sausage.
- Add bell pepper and leeks, and soften until wilted.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to simmer.
- Add Bay leaves.
- Add split peas, bring to simmer and allow to cook until peas have broken down.
- Taste and season.
- Add Shrimp in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Re taste and season if necessary.
The Cookcharlarah Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!