Mackinac Island FudgeFrom marky90 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix milk, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in heavy pan. Cook at medium heat until boiling. Boil exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract,cocoa and confectioners’ sugar. Beat with mixer until smooth and thick. Add nuts, if desired. Pour into a buttered pan and freeze 20 minutes. Cut into pieces.
- Makes approximately 1 pound of fudge.
- Peanut Butter Mackinac Island Fudge
- Reduce butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Great Hint: If you want to make "authentic" Michigan fudge, when the
- fudge has cooled somewhat,( find that marble cheese server your sister in law gave you years back and never used) and spoon the mixture on it and make a log! Then chill of course.....Wink
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating30 people
Oh, my does this ever sound delicious! I am going to the kitchen this very minute and make some! Thanks a bunch!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Sounds great..Loved the movie too...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Oh my goodness!! Just checking in late tonight and I see this gem! I've been to Mackinac many times as a young'n, when I lived up north. This is a treasure and I thank you much for the heads up on this one! --Kn0x--
(you got a high 5 here!)knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!