Tabbouleh PrimaveraFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup bulgur wheat shopping list
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced (1 cup) shopping list
- 5 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 4 oz. crunchy sprouts, mixed bean sprouts or radish sprouts shopping list
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup) shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 3 to 4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in fine-meshed sieve and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, combine asparagus and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer over high heat for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Return asparagus to skillet with bell pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook over high heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine asparagus mixture, cooled bulgur and remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add remaining ingredients except lettuce and toss well. Serve over lettuce leaves.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
It looks and sounds delish, JM sweetie. I love tabbouleh and this is a great spin. Thanks so much. I hope you're having a great day...
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it