Caviar and Lobster Tail with Seared Shallot Griddlecake and Chervil MascarponeFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 2 Tablespoon mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon cream shopping list
- 1½ teaspoon freshly chopped chervil shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 small fresh lobster tails, cooked, shelled if desired, leaving tail fan intact shopping list
- Greens for garnish shopping list
- 1½ ounces Caviar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix mascarpone, cream and chervil; reserve.
- In skillet, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Whisk egg into milk. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture. Stir just until combined. If mixture appears too thick, stir in additional milk. Stir in shallots.
- Heat griddle or large skillet to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
- Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons batter onto griddle for each griddlecake. Form 6 griddlecakes. Cook on first side until edges begin to dry. Turn, cook on second side for 30 seconds or until golden.
- For each serving, place 3 griddlecakes with edges overlapping, in the center of each plate.
- Top each serving with lobster tail, 2 tablespoons Mascarpone mixture, a few green leaves and about 4 teaspoons caviar.