Hot German Potato SaladFrom debra47 8 years ago
- 2 pounds new potatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 2 T white wine vinegar shopping list
- 8 thick slices of bacon, chopped shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup of water shopping list
- 1 1/2 T sugar shopping list
- 1 t dry mustard shopping list
- 2 T Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 T chopped dill shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, place the potatoes in salted water to cover.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until cooked through but not falling apart.
- This will be about 25-30 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Peel the potatoes while they are still hot and slice them 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle them with 2 tablespoons of vinegar, cover and keep warm.
- In a heavy skillet or microwave cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour fat into a measuring cup and add enough vegetable oil to total 1/4 cup of fat.
- Pour the fat into a clean skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup of vinegar, the water, sugar, and dry mustard.
- Add to skillet with the onion and celery.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat, then stir in the Dijon mustard.
- Immediately pour over the hot potatoes.
- Add the dill and reserved bacon and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving to blend the flavors.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating8 people
This is a "very" good, I've had Hot German Potatoe Salad as a child, looks identical to my mom's recipe.
Henriehenrie in Savannah loved it
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!