Broccoli-potato Egg Pie With Cheddar And BaconFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon Cabot unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and patted dry shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated soft breadstick dough shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups frozen small broccoli florets, stems removed, thawed and patted dry shopping list
- 4 ounces Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar, grated shopping list
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped shopping list
- 4 large egg whites shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in potatoes and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place large piece of plastic wrap on work surface. Unroll breadstick dough, separating into strips. Place one strip on plastic wrap and coil into spiral.
- Add second strip, pinching ends together, and continue coil. Repeat with remaining strips to form one large spiral. Cover with additional piece of plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Without removing wrap, roll dough spiral out into 12-inch circle. Lightly coat 10-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray. Remove wrap and press dough over bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Distribute reserved potato mixture, broccoli, cheese and bacon evenly over dough.
- In medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs and egg whites until well combined; whisk in milk, sour cream, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over potato mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden on top and set all the way to center.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
I really like this one.Looks fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Joymarie hash brown potatoes in any recipe call out to me, combining them with broccoli egg,cheddar and bacon really speak to me.
I will have to substitute the beacon.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
joymarie i love it when is breakfast readyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it