Beef Short Ribs Braised in WineFrom asheats 8 years ago
- 6 # beef short ribs (2 per person) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp evoo shopping list
- 1 bottle dry red wine, pinot noir shopping list
- 1 # small pearl onions, peeled shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard shopping list
- 1 pint grape tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Heat 1 tbsp evoo in a Dutch Oven, over medium heat
- Season ribs with salt and pepper
- Brown ribs on all sides, about 10 minutes, transfer a bowl
- Increase heat to high, add the wine and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and boil gently until reduced by half, about 10 minutes
- Return ribs and any juices to the Dutch Oven
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Meanwhile in a large non-stick skillet, heat the remaining tbsp evoo over medium high heat
- Add the onions, salt, pepper, and rosemary; cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown.
- Add the onion mixture to the ribs, cover, and bake an additional 30 minutes
- Transfer the ribs and onions to a bowl and let the cooking liquid stand a few minutes to allow the fat the separate; discard the fat.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, whisk in the mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste. Return the ribs and onions back to pot and add the tomatoes.
- Cover, lower the heat to medium, and simmer until the tomatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
The Cookasheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!