Meatloaf Roll With Spinach And FetaFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground meat, preferably a mixture of beef, pork and veal or lamb shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 carrots, finely grated shopping list
- 1 onion, finely grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried herb (oregano, marjoram, etc) or more shopping list
- 1 pound fresh spinach, or 10 oz frozen shopping list
- 2 ounces feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients, except spinach and cheese, in a large bowl.
- Stem and cook the spinach (or thaw, if frozen) and squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of waxed paper. On the waxed paper, shape the meat mixture into a neat rectangle about 9 inches by 13 inches, keeping the thickness as even as possible. Spread the chopped spinach over the meat. crumble the cheese and distribute over the spinach..
- Starting from a short side, use the waxed paper to help roll up the meat, jelly-roll fashion, into a log. With moistened fingers, press and pat the ends shut and seal up any cracks that develop.
- Slide the waxed paper away from the meat log and bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes, or to 160° at the center.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes to firm up, then cut into thick slices and serve.
- TIP: Use the extra space on the baking sheet to roast potatoes or other root vegetables, cut into 1" cubes, along with the meatloaf.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating2 people
I am going to make this for sure. I might make some substitutions with it-but I'm going to use yours as the base for it.
Thanks for sharing.
Polly Motzkopollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
Meatloaf has never looked appealing to me so I have never made it but I think I will try this one!!pookiebear in Regina loved it