Meatloaf Roll With Spinach And FetaFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground meat, preferably a mixture of beef, pork and veal or lamb shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 carrots, finely grated shopping list
- 1 onion, finely grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried herb (oregano, marjoram, etc) or more shopping list
- 1 pound fresh spinach, or 10 oz frozen shopping list
- 2 ounces feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients, except spinach and cheese, in a large bowl.
- Stem and cook the spinach (or thaw, if frozen) and squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of waxed paper. On the waxed paper, shape the meat mixture into a neat rectangle about 9 inches by 13 inches, keeping the thickness as even as possible. Spread the chopped spinach over the meat. crumble the cheese and distribute over the spinach..
- Starting from a short side, use the waxed paper to help roll up the meat, jelly-roll fashion, into a log. With moistened fingers, press and pat the ends shut and seal up any cracks that develop.
- Slide the waxed paper away from the meat log and bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes, or to 160° at the center.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes to firm up, then cut into thick slices and serve.
- TIP: Use the extra space on the baking sheet to roast potatoes or other root vegetables, cut into 1" cubes, along with the meatloaf.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating2 people
Meatloaf has never looked appealing to me so I have never made it but I think I will try this one!!pookiebear in Regina loved it
I am going to make this for sure. I might make some substitutions with it-but I'm going to use yours as the base for it.
Thanks for sharing.
Polly Motzkopollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it