Grizzly Bears Cream Brule French ToastFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 stick (1¼ cup) sweet, unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (dark) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup shopping list
- 1 loaf 8-9" diameter round style bread (may substitute challah or Hawaiian) shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1½ cups half and half shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Grand Marnier Liquor (or up to 1/8 cup) shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small heavy sauce pan, melt sugar, butter and corn syrup at moderate heat stirring until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a 13x9x2" glass baking pan.
- Cut 6 - 1" thick slices from the center of the bread, saving the ends for another use. Trim the crust.
- In a bowl, whip eggs, half and half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt.
- Place butter, sugar, corn syrup mixture in the glass baking pan. Then fit bread slices tightly in baking pan.
- If bread does not fill pan add an extra slice to fill bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture over bread slices distributing evenly.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours (may leave in refrigerator for up to 24 hours).
- Take pan out of refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake uncovered in middle of oven until puffed and edges pale golden brown approximately 35-49 minutes
- (may take longer depending on your oven). Cut into serving pieces and flip with spatula so dark side is up.
- Serve dark side up and spoon any remaining sauce over top.
- Everyone who has sampled this breakfast or brunch treat loves it!
- Also this recipe can be served as a dessert topped with your favorite ice cream.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
FABULOUS! Can't wait to try this on pancake sundays.sunny in Portland loved it
now that's french toast! ^^^5 joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
grizz you are centainly on the ball today.....thanks sweetieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!