Grizzly Bears Cream Brule French ToastFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 stick (1¼ cup) sweet, unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (dark) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup shopping list
- 1 loaf 8-9" diameter round style bread (may substitute challah or Hawaiian) shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1½ cups half and half shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Grand Marnier Liquor (or up to 1/8 cup) shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small heavy sauce pan, melt sugar, butter and corn syrup at moderate heat stirring until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a 13x9x2" glass baking pan.
- Cut 6 - 1" thick slices from the center of the bread, saving the ends for another use. Trim the crust.
- In a bowl, whip eggs, half and half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt.
- Place butter, sugar, corn syrup mixture in the glass baking pan. Then fit bread slices tightly in baking pan.
- If bread does not fill pan add an extra slice to fill bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture over bread slices distributing evenly.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours (may leave in refrigerator for up to 24 hours).
- Take pan out of refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake uncovered in middle of oven until puffed and edges pale golden brown approximately 35-49 minutes
- (may take longer depending on your oven). Cut into serving pieces and flip with spatula so dark side is up.
- Serve dark side up and spoon any remaining sauce over top.
- Everyone who has sampled this breakfast or brunch treat loves it!
- Also this recipe can be served as a dessert topped with your favorite ice cream.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
Oh, this is just delightful!!!! Mmmmmmm!pat2me in Nashua loved it
grizz you are centainly on the ball today.....thanks sweetieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
now that's french toast! ^^^5 joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!