Green Peas In CreamFrom mrspotatohead 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bring a large heavy saucepan of salted water (4 teaspoons salt for 2 quarts water) to a rolling boil, then slowly add peas so water maintains a boil.
- Stir in sugar and cook peas, uncovered, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes, depending on size of peas.
- Drain peas in a colander.
- Boil cream in saucepan until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add butter, peas, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and salt to taste and cook over medium heat, stirring, until butter is melted and peas are warmed through.
- Stir in chervil, chives or mint.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating4 people
Love it! High five!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
I love peas in cream sauce. This sounds delicious!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
THANK YOU-THANK YOU- I WAS WONDERING ABOUT A SIDE DISH FOR DINNER TOMORROW AND YOU ANSWERED MY UN SPOKEN QUESTION, DON'T MEAN TO BE HOLLORING, I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT THE CAP LOCK WAS ON.....bOBrobertg in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!