Grilled Portobello Steak Sandwiches With Blue Cheese SauceFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 3 teaspoons walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 4 slices whole-wheat country bread shopping list
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, 3-4 inches in diameter shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, such as Vidalia, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups trimmed arugula or watercress shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts shopping list
- ---------------------- shopping list
- Blue cheese sauce shopping list
- ____________________ shopping list
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Prepare Blue Cheese Sauce. Set aside.
- Dip a pastry brush in water, then lightly brush 1 teaspoon oil over both sides of bread. Grill (or toast) the bread, about 1 minute per side. Set aside.
- Lightly brush tomatoes, mushrooms and onion slices with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the vegetables (or pan-sear in batches) until browned on both sides: about 1 minute per side for tomatoes, 3 to 5 minutes per side for mushrooms and onion. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-inch-thick slices and separate onion slices into rings.
- To assemble, spread the reserved cheese sauce over the grilled bread. Divide arugula (or watercress) among the bread slices and arrange the grilled vegetables on top. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
- blue Cheese Sauce
- Combine yogurt, blue cheese and vinegar in a small bowl and blend with a fork to make a chunky sauce.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Oh my goodness....this looks out of this world good! Thanks, JM....printing this out to try. You go girl! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it