Cherry Eggnog Bundt CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog ( bought or homemade ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum, kirsch, or brandy shopping list
- 1 cup dark canned cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter, sugar and sour cream together on low speed, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggnog and rum.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the eggnog mixture to the butter and sugar mixture until well blended.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Spread cherries on top, avoiding the sides of the pan.
- Add the remaining half of the batter on top of the cherries.
- Bake at 325ºF for approximately 90 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and the sides pull away from the pan.
- If browning too fast, cover top with a sheet of foil
- Cake needs no frosting.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Mmmm, what a great "5" fork recipe. I am saving this one for sure and many thanks!
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
I like eggnog and rum ! Great combo for a cake
& with the addition of the cherries...it has
got to be another "5"...!
thanks...mjcmcook...mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
wow this is great thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!