Cherry Eggnog Bundt CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog ( bought or homemade ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum, kirsch, or brandy shopping list
- 1 cup dark canned cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter, sugar and sour cream together on low speed, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggnog and rum.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the eggnog mixture to the butter and sugar mixture until well blended.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Spread cherries on top, avoiding the sides of the pan.
- Add the remaining half of the batter on top of the cherries.
- Bake at 325ºF for approximately 90 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and the sides pull away from the pan.
- If browning too fast, cover top with a sheet of foil
- Cake needs no frosting.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow this is great thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I like eggnog and rum ! Great combo for a cake
& with the addition of the cherries...it has
got to be another "5"...!
thanks...mjcmcook...mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!