Creamy Potato And Zucchini Soup With Garlic CroutonsFrom debwin 6 years ago
- 2tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely diced shopping list
- 2or3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2c 1% or skim milk shopping list
- 11/2c vegetable or chicken stock shopping list
- 2 zucchini unpeeled, grated shopping list
- 1tsp nutmeg shopping list
- hot pepper flakes, to taste (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- grated sharp cheddar shopping list
- croutons shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 sheets of lavash bread shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a deep heavy saucepan over med-high heat. Add onion, cook until soft. Add garlic and cook 2mins. Add potato and stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25-30 mins. or until potatoes are cooked. Add milk, zucchini, nutmeg and pepper flakes. Cook on low for another 10mins.
- Remove from heat and let stand for ten minutes. Puree soup then return to pot and stir over low heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cheese and serve with croutons.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush lavash bread with oil, fold bread in half and tear along fold. Tear the bread until you have long strips 2cm wide. Put on trays and bake 10mins. or until golden and crisp.
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating3 people
Oh my heavens Deb, this sounds wonderful. Thank you for posting.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
An ideal dish for a chilly day! I'll have to make it very soon.toleliz in Burlington loved it
Good Morning Deb! Great recipe and I look forward to preparing it. You deserve "5" forks for this winner!
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it