Red Chile GravyFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oil in a small saucepan then add flour to make a roux then mix until blended well.
- Cook until roux turns golden about 15 minutes.
- In medium cooking pan mix cumin, Onion powder and ground chile.
- Add 1 cup cold water and stir until lump free.
- Add chicken broth and cook on medium heat.
- Add roux when ready and stir quickly to avoid lumps.
- Simmer until thickened stirring frequently to avoid lumps.
- Add garlic and simmer on low 15 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!