Fried Peach piesFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- oil, as needed, for frying shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 5 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- FILLING:........... shopping list
- dried peaches or fresh peaches, chopped and confectioners' sugar, for dusting, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add oil and milk and stir well.
- Mix in flour, one cup at a time. Knead well until smooth.
- Divide the dough into ten pieces.
- Roll out each piece into a circle of dough. Place two to three heaping tablespoons of dried or fresh peaches in center of each round.
- Fold over and crimp edges with a fork.
- Deep fry until golden brown in pre-heated pan of oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating6 people
Oh yes! These sound so good!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love fried pies - especially peach. Sounds delicious. My mom and grandma used to glazed them sometimes, too. Heaven!! Thanks, sweetie...lunasea in Orlando loved it
i love this teresa my mom used to make these pies all different kind for after school snackminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!