Italian Sausage And LinguineFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 8 ounces pasta, linguine or similar shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh italian sausage shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 4 ounces can sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 28 ounces prepared spaghetti sauce with mushrooms shopping list
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- garnish: fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, brown sausage, ground beef, green pepper, onions, and garlic until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are softened, approximately 15 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Add the drained canned mushrooms and heat thoroughly. Pour spaghetti sauce over meat and vegetable mixture in skillet and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray 3 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- While sauce simmers, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and pour into baking dish. Top with meat sauce and combine lightly. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top and bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and light golden in color.
- Serve hot. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating6 people
yumpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Lovely post, nice combination of flavors. Thank you, my husband would be quite happy with this for his supper.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I just want to say I've made this a few times, and it is by FAR, my boyfriend's FAVORITE recipe from this site. He loves, loves, LOVES it, and so do I. It's deLIcious! Thanks for posting. :-)kimmiekim in Cleveland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!