Wolfgang Puck Cafes Wild Mushroom RisottoFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 1/2 C. peanut oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced fine shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 C. arborio rice shopping list
- 1 C. dry white wine shopping list
- 7 C. chicken stock, heated shopping list
- 3 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb. wild mushrooms, stems reserved shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/4 C. tomato, chopped shopping list
- 4 T. unsalted butter, chilled and cut shopping list
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 large pinch chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In medium size heavy saucepan, heat peanut oil. Over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic just to soften, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice and continue to stir, using wooden spoon, and coating rice with oil and onion. Deglaze with white wine and cook until liquid is absorbed, stirring often.
- Pour in enough mushroom and/or chicken stock to cover, about 3 cups, and cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cut mushrooms into bite-size pieces and sauté over medium-high heat just to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups stock into rice, turn flame to high, and stir in pinch of salt and tomatoes. Stir until almost al dente. Stir in mushrooms and remaining 1 cup stock, as needed.
- Remember that risotto should be creamy, not runny. Remove from flame and vigorously beat in chilled butter and 1/4 cup Parmesan until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide among 4 heated plates and serve immediately. Pass remaining Parmesan. cheese
- Yield: Serves 8.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating3 people
Risotto is my forte, so I know a good one when i see one.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I LOVE rosotto in any flavor..but it's especially comforting when made with mushrooms! Ahhh...but to get wild ones...the quest! This sounds great! I know I love it!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
Thanks for the recipe! I love it!!!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it