Chocolate-Dipped Spiced TwistsFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Thaw Time: 40 minutes shopping list
- Chill Time: 40 minutes shopping list
- chocolate Crescent Wraps shopping list
- mascarpone Cream Filled Shells with Cranberry Compote shopping list
- Ingredients1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm® puff pastry sheets (1 sheet) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 jar (2 ounces) crystallized ginger root shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. water shopping list
- 8 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir the egg and water with a fork in a small bowl.
- Put the sugar and crystallized ginger in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Cover and process until the ginger is finely chopped. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining sugar mixture on a work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the sugar. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the pastry. Roll the sheet into a 14-inch square. Fold the pastry in half, making a 14 x 7-inch rectangle. Cut the pastry crosswise into 24 (1/2-inch wide) strips. Twist the strips and place 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets, pressing down the ends. Brush the twists with the egg mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove the twists from the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool.
- Place the chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring until the chocolate melts. Dip half of each twist in the melted chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with the reserved sugar mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Store the twists in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers until ready to serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
makes me want a cup of java!jett2whit in Union City loved it
So unique as always Joymarie...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Beautiful and I love the ingredients. And they're so pretty. Thanks so much, Joymarie - perfect!lunasea in Orlando loved it